CIS returns

If you are a contractor, or subcontractor, and if your business is beginning to grow, completing your monthly CIS return on time, and keeping track of your finances is important.

Our team are able to guide you through the process of registering for CIS and will also assist with the submission of your CIS returns for you.

Do I need to register with the CIS?
You must register as a contractor with the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) if:
  • You pay subcontractors to do construction work.
  • Your business doesn’t do construction work but you usually spend more than £1 million a year on construction.
What is a CIS return?
The CIS give contractors the opportunity to deduct money from a subcontractor’s payments and provide this to HRMC. These payments count as advanced payments towards tax. This is what is described as a CIS return.

You may be a sole trader, in a partnership or own a limited company.If you’re not sure if you need to register, check on this webpage

How can we help with CIS Returns
KidwellsWhittakers can help you with your bookkeeping, registration and returns in the Construction Industry Scheme.
Call us on 01432 278179 and to discuss your participation in CIS.